Caring about its customers VTB Bank (Kazakhstan) uses every effort in order to increase security when using bank payment cards.
Connection of all payment cards of Visa international system of the Bank to 3-D Secure technology, which is a part of global Verified by Visa program, will allow conducting online-transactions (payment for goods and services) in protected mode.
Every time when conducting online-transactions, the Client will be asked to enter a password. This password is one-time (valid only for one transaction) and is sent to the Client by means of SMS-message to mobile phone. After successful entering of the password, transaction will be approved.
How does 3-D Secure technology work
1. When paying for purchase in online-store which participates in Verified by Visa* program, the Client should enter the following data:
• card number;
• card validity period;
• first and last name in Latin transliteration (as indicated on the front side of the card);
• CVV2 code (indicated in «Authorized signature» field on the reverse side of the card).
2. After entering required information, the Client will be redirected to the web-site of the Bank, where it is necessary to enter one-time password in specialized form containing details of conducted transaction on the card in order to confirm the payment. This password consists of 4 digits and is delivered by means of SMS-messages to mobile phone. The message also contains information on password expiration and time of activation of password in the system.
3. Password can be used only within 5 minutes after receiving SMS-message and only for confirmation of that card transaction during conduction of which it was formed.
4. After receiving one-time password to mobile phone, the Client has to check details of transaction on the web-site and enter password into appropriate field.
5. If password is entered correctly, authentication of the Client will be completed successful (transaction is considered as conducted personally by the cardholder) and he will return to the web-site of online-store.
6. On the basis of positive result of authorization on the web-site of online-store it must be specified that payment of purchase with the use of card is completed successfully.
7. If the Client has entered wrong one-time password, he will see corresponding data message, and SMS-message with new password will be sent.
8. Allowable number of incorrect inputs of Dynamic password is - 5 (five) times/day.
Connection to 3-D Secure technology
At any branch of VTB Bank (Kazakhstan) the Client must fill out an application for activation of «SMS-notifications for card transactions»** service. Clients who have previously activated this service are not required to fill out any additional applications due to the fact that «Verified by Visa» service is automatically available for all types of cards.
If the Client has not connected «SMS-notifications for card transactions» service, «Verified by Visa» service on his card will not be available, herewith he will have opportunity to make transactions in Internet without entering one-time password. Note that in this case, security of payments is significantly reduced!
* Logo of Verified by Visa must be on web-site of online-store
** Cost of «SMS-Notifications» service – according to current tariffs of the Bank