VTB Bank (Kazakhstan) keeps a close eye on the current situation and takes active measures to ensure the well-being of its employees and customers.
Since the new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak was confirmed, the Bank has been closely monitoring and ensuring timely implementation of the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan and local authorities. Our measures are proactive and thoughtful, which allows us to act quickly and appropriately in order to ensure the well-being of our customers and employees at the republican and regional levels.
The Bank adopted a wide range of measures to ensure business continuity and preserve the health of its employees and customers.
The VTB Bank (Kazakhstan) key response
We focus our response to the current situation is the containment of the epidemic in accordance with local authorities and WHO recommendations.
• Travel restrictions. Even before the introduction of the state of emergency in Kazakhstan, the Bank banned all international and long-distance travels for employees.
• Transition of employees to a remote operation mode. Following the advice of WHO on self-isolation for the period of quarantine, the Bank transferred more than 50% of employees to remote work mode.
• Both internal and external personal meetings of employees are reduced by 98%. All meetings are held in video or audio conferencing mode.
• More thorough cleaning in offices and departments, as well as a special more frequent schedule for ATMs disinfection. The Bank provides all the necessary preventive measures in its branches on a regular basis, such as 3 times disinfection is carried out during the day; all specialists use disinfectants and disposable gloves when working with documents and banknotes in the offices. The users, both individuals and legal entities now have got the opportunity to conduct the majority of operations online.
• Supply of Bank personnel with protective equipment, such as medical masks, hand antiseptics, and gloves.
• Temporary closure of branches or reduction of the work schedule of Bank branches in the regions with a high infection risk level.
Communication with employees and customers
• We regularly inform our staff on recommendations by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the fight against viral diseases and urge them to adhere these rules.
• The Bank also urges customers to comply with all protection measures against coronavirus infection recommended by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan. In addition, we recommend that customers to avoid visiting the Bank’s branches without masks, not to approach other people closer than 2 meters and not to enter the Bank’s premises if there are already 2 visitors there.
For more information regarding VTB Bank (Kazakhstan) business continuity mechanisms and crisis management, contact your local manager.