Deposit guarantee systemJSC "Kazakhstan Deposit Guarantee Fund" was established in 1999 to administer the deposit guarantee system. The Foundation is a non-profit organization. The founder and sole shareholder of the Fund is the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Fund, at the expense of quarterly contributions from banks, forms a reserve for the payment of guaranteed compensation in case of forced liquidation of the bank.
The legal basis of the deposit guarantee system, as well as the rights and obligations of its participants are determined by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On mandatory guarantee of deposits placed in second-tier banks of the Republic of Kazakhstan".
Which banks participate in the deposit guarantee system?Every bank that has received a license from the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan to accept deposits, open and maintain accounts of individuals, with the exception of Islamic banks, automatically becomes a participant in the mandatory deposit guarantee system.
The current list of banks participating in the mandatory deposit guarantee system is always available on the website www.kdif .kz
Which deposits are guaranteed?
Money is guaranteed to:
- individuals, including individual entrepreneurs, regardless of their citizenship;
- in national and foreign currencies;
- held on current accounts, payment cards, and all types of deposits.
What does the CFGD warranty NOT include?
- metal accounts of individuals;
- certificates of deposit;
- money and valuables placed in bank cells;
- deposits placed in Islamic banks.
What is a "warranty refund"?This is the total amount of money that the CFGD pays to a certain depositor in case of forced liquidation of the bank.
The depositor receives a guarantee refund in the amount of the deposit balance(s) without accrued remuneration, not exceeding the amount of the maximum state guarantee for each depositor for each bank separately.
What is the maximum amount of guarantee for deposits in tenge and in foreign currency?
The state guarantee for all deposits and bank accounts per depositor in each of the banks is:
- up to 20 million tenge inclusive – on savings deposits in national currency;
- up to 10 million tenge inclusive – on deposits in national currency;
- up to 5 million tenge inclusive – on deposits in foreign currency (in equivalent, at the exchange rate established on the date of entry into force of the court decision on the compulsory liquidation of the participating bank).
Is the reward guaranteed?The reward is also protected!
KFGD guarantees remuneration within the maximum amount accrued up to the date of revocation of the bank's license.
This rule applies to bank bankruptcies after January 1, 2020. Prior to that, the CFGD guarantee applied only to capitalized remuneration.
Are deposits placed in different banks guaranteed separately?Yes, if you place deposits in several banks participating in the mandatory deposit guarantee system, then your deposits are guaranteed separately in each of these banks within the maximum amount of the state guarantee.
Contacts of the KFGDWebsite www.kdif .kz
Telegram Chat @kdif_ask,
Call center 1460 (free of charge)